The Monday Night Racing Series is for intermediate skiers from 18 to 75+. It is one of the most enjoyable on snow programs of the Ski Council and Hamden Ski Club has been racing for over 40 years.
For the last two seasons our racers have enjoyed pizza after our runs down the mountain.
We invite all of you to join our enthusiastic team, we need more fast and slow skiers, men and women, grunters and screamers, young and old to help win points in the league competition.
Last season several of our racers took fastest honors in their age brackets, and almost all of our team members scored points for the team. We even have second generation family members racing.
The race series is a competition among the CSC Clubs with racers earning points for their team. This year there are new age brackets and each racer will earn a minimum of two points for our team with just one completed run.
- You don't have to be a hot shot - just a steady skier, who likes pizza.
- Registration starts at 5:30 PM thru 7:15 PM, you must show your club membership card.
- At 7:15 PM the starting bib numbers are chosen and the race begins at 7:30 PM.
- The Connecticut Ski Council averages between 115 to 180 men and women per race from all participating clubs.
- The tickets are now bought at the ticket window marked for CSC.
- The Racer buys the Monday Night Race ticket at the CSC window, and then goes to registration and shows their ticket to get their Racing bib.
- We encourage you to race. Contact us to find out how??
- Race starts at 7:30 PM.
- Remember to present your membership card.
For a list of rules, pricing and waiver form, please visit the Connecticut Ski Club Web Site. (See link below)
If you have additional questions, email a question to Linda Hawley, Ski Club Racing Chairman.
2015/16 Monday Night Racing Announcements
By: Rob Dexter - CSS Monday Night Race Chairman
Racing is at 7:30 PM at Mount Southington for 18 years old and up. You must be a member of the CT Ski Council Clubs.
- Dec. 14: Pizza and Registration Night
- Dec. 21, 28 - Regular Racing
- Jan. 4, 11, 18, 25 - Regular Racing
- Feb. 1, 8 - Regular Racing
- Feb. 15, 22 & 29 - Makeup Racing
There will be a separate window outside the Customer Service Center (white office building) with a welcome sign to all racers to buy their race tickets (Monday and Tuesday nights only). Cash, check, charge, gift certificates are all accepted. Once a ticket is purchased, racers go upstairs to the ready room as was done in years past. Look for the nearby coordinator; show your ticket, get a bib number, register in the computer, and sign in on the scoreboard. No ticket, no registration. Ticket price is $31. Employees, season pass holders, and 70+ racers pay $16; you must show your ID/season pass to the ticket seller. Mt. Southington is looking forward to a great race season.